8.25.2013

Juicing.






Last October I decided to go on a juice cleanse, you can briefly read about it here and here.

Last week, while talking to a friend, we decided to go on a cleanse. I had been feeling pretty crappy from all the greasy, deep fried, carb infused food I've been eating. So I thought it would be a great idea! But, remembering what I went through last year I decided that instead of just juicing for days and wanting to cut my arms off, I decided to just go Raw.  Raw is just eating things in their natural state, fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. not cooked, just raw.

I have to say, one day I cheated. Last week was rough, probably not a good way to start off changing your whole diet.

I'm still doing it though, I'm at least having one juice a day, substituting my usual snacks for fruit and veggies.  I have to say, I do feel a little better.  I'm not sure if i lost any weight, but that was not my goal.. since if I did lose any I might disappear.

Some things that I would recommend when doing a cleanse:
1. Prep the night before, I know ALL websites pertaining to juicing/cleansing say to juice and drink immediately.. but to be realistic, I work at 6 in the morning.  There is no way in hell that I would wake up at 3 just to prep my stuff for the day.  I don't think a night before hurts anyone.

2. Make sure you incorporate fruits and vegetables in your juices.  They just taste better that way.

3. Don't get discouraged if you cheat, its not the end of the world. I know that tub of Nutella is calling your name.. it was calling mine.

4. Be proud of yourself!

Once you've done it for a few days, you'll realize how much good healthy stuff you weren't eating, and how much junk you were.  I know I've made a conscious decision to not reach for that cookie, or pint of Ben and Jerry's... even though it is okay to eat a little of that every once in a while.

If I can do it, so can you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Diet is very important for weight loss. I am very health conscious so I avoid junk food.

    Regards,
    Buy Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete

give me some lovin'