9.15.2013

A Peach Crisp.

It has been really rainy here in Colorado, flash flood warning blowing up my phone, homes being flooded.  Its been really sad, but I have been so grateful that my home hasn't been affected by it.  Hopefully the rain lets up soon, and the clean up process can start.

Saturday morning there was a break in the gloomy weather, the sun was shining, and it was a beautiful 70 degrees out side, so I decided to head to the farmers market down my street.  After going to the farmers market in Utah a few weeks ago, I couldn't stop thinking about fresh peaches.  I was on a mission, and it was successful.

I picked up my peaches, and a few other things, and came home to make my very own peach crisp.





Peach Crisp
Serves about 4

Ingredients:
2 very large peaches, about 3 cups

For the topping:
1 cup oats
1/4 cup brown sugar, I used dark
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
4 Tbsp butter, softened

The scoop:
Preheat oven to 350
Wash and peel peaches, cut then in small wedges.  Place at the bottom of an 8x8 pan.

For the topping: put all ingredients in a bowl, mix together with a fork until it forms a crumble like texture. Sprinkle topping over peaches evenly, bake in oven for 20-25 minutes depending on how your oven bakes.  Topping should be brown, and crisp. 

Serve immediately, top with vanilla ice cream. Hear your tastebuds sing with excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

give me some lovin'